COST OF SCHOOL MEALS
With the introduction of Universal Infant Free School Meals in September 2014 all infant children will be entitled to receive a free lunch every day.
IS YOUR CHILD ELIGIBLE FOR PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING?
Pupil Premium funding is allocated to schools:
• for children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM)
• for children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces
• for children who have been in care or have been adopted from care
• for children who leave care under a special guardianship order or residence order.
With the introduction of the Universal Infant Free School Meals in September 2014 all infant children will be entitled to receive a free lunch every day.
However, we would ask that ALL parents who believe they would be entitled to free school meals, and may be claiming them already for older siblings, apply for free school meals as usual in order for the school to receive pupil premium funding for their child.
Please note that being eligible to Pupil Premium funding entitles your child to individual funding for uniform, after school clubs and school trips whilst at Milford Infants' School.
Parents or carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals and pupil premium funding.
• Income Support (IS)
• Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) - not Contribution related
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) - not contribution based
• A Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit or
• An income-related employment and support allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than 16,190.
If you need an application form or further information, please ask at the school office or telephone Somerset County Council on 0300 1232224.